Here it is! One of the events that everyone waits for!
Collision avoidance and skid control training + playing on the skidpan.
What better way to spend a Saturday morning?
Pre-register by emailing the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vehicle make & model
- Regsitration number
- Contact number
- Email address
Check out last year’s Skid Pan pics HERE!
Write-up and pic upload in progress.
Check out the event pics HERE.
Next on the calendar is our AGM which will be held at Zwartkops Raceway on 2 March 2014.
Pre-bookings are now open for the Dyno and Show & Shine.
Dyno: R100 members & R150 non-members
Pre-register by emailing your Name, Surname, Car make, model and registration to email@example.com
A. N/A Toyota Classes: Open to ALL Toyota / Lexus powered vehicles
- 16v class -> 4A-F(E) / 4A-GE / 7A-F(E) / 7A-G(E) / 3S-GE / 1ZZ-FE / 2ZR-FE / etc – or any other 16v Toyota engine not otherwise categorized in any other class.
- 20v class -> 4A-G(E) / 7A-G(E)
- X class -> 2ZZ-GE powered vehicles only
- 86 class -> Toyota 86 only
- 6 cyl -> all Toyota / Lexus 6-cyl powered vehicles
- 8 cyl -> all Toyota / Lexus 8-cyl powered vehicles
B. Boosted Toyota classes: Open to ALL Toyota / Lexus powered vehicles with
any ONE of the following: Turbocharger/Supercharger/Nitrous
- 4 cyl Turbo
- 4 cyl Supercharged
- 6 cyl
C. Open Class: Open to all manufacturers
Trophies awarded to the first place in all the classes.
Show and shine: R50 for members, R80 for non-members
Pre-book to have your own shaded parking bay (70 shaded spots available) Email your Name, Surname, Car registration, Make, model to firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Queen Bee” (Best lady’s car)
- “As it rolled off the showroom floor” (Best Standard)
- “From the land of the Rising Sun” (Best Import)
- “Passion for Performance” (Best Modified – Performance)
- “If looks could kill” (Best Modified – Styling)
- “Sound in motion” (Best I.C.E)
- “Neat & discreet” (OEM Plus)
- “Highest Mileage”
- “ Lowest Mileage”
- “One Toy to rule them all” (Best Overall, qualify for at least 4/7 classes)
* Open to Toyota & Lexus vehicles
* Trophies awarded to first place in each category
Rev-It: R20 members and R50 non-members
- 4 or less cyl
- 6 or more cyl
- Sweetest sound – the crowd pleaser
* Open to all vehicles.
* Trophies awarded to the first place Toyota / Lexus in each class.
DON’T forget to pre-register for the Show ‘n Shine and Dyno to avoid disappointment!
Pre-register by emailing your Name, Surname, Car make, model and registration to: email@example.com
TTCC and MOCSA combined efforts once again, working towards a worthy cause and we both are proud to announce the success of our joint venture.
The initiative kicked off with a charity dyno day held at Rightway Development during November 2013. All proceeds and donations were combined and club members along with followers joined a breakfast braai run to the deserving NPOs, the Paul Jungnickel Home and the Kungwini Welfare Organisation…
Read the full story HERE
So we’re kicking off this year’s event calendar (and closing off last year’s calendar) with a Braai Run to our selected charity for 2013 – The Paul Jungnickel Home of Kungwini Welfare Organization (www.kwo.org.za). Upon arrival, we will hand over all that donations we have collected previously and whatever other donation items which are brought through on the day. See below for wish list items, and collection updates.
This event is a joint venture with MOCSA (Mazda Owners Club of South Africa)
When: Saturday, 25 January 2014
Where: Paul Jungnickel Home, Plot 214, Lynnwood Road, Pretoria East
Time: Arrive at 10h30
Convoy meet-up points and departure times:
Midrand -> Shell Ultra City N1 Northbound - departs here at 09h00
Olifantsfontein -> Engen 1-Stop, R21 Northbound - departs here at 09h00
Pretoria -> BP Atterbury Road - departs here at 10h00
Please bring through any more donation items you may have!
Please bring through whatever you feel you will need to bring for your braai – camp chairs, condiments, braai tools, beverages.
The TTCC usually prefers to support organizations which receive minimal or no form of government assistance. In the case of KWO, they do receive some government assistance, but with the mammoth task that they face, it is simply not enough.
KWO supports people with mental disabilities, and they support several projects, particularly in rural areas.
The projects they support:
- Paul Jungnickel Home for over 140 adult persons with disabilities.
- Vocational Therapy Unit (Protective Workshop) for people with disabilities
- Kungwini Early Learning Centre (Boschkop) for over 100 children between ages of 2 – 6 years.
- Kungwini Early Learning Centre (Zwavelpoort) for over 25 children between ages of 2 – 6 years.
- Kungwini Early Learning Centre (Lethabong) for over 70 children between ages of 2 – 6 years.
- Kungwini Community Development
- Children’s Home for 20 boys between ages of 12 – 18 years
- Drop-In Centre for children between 6 – 12 years
- Social Work Services
- Nickel Market: This is in support of people with disabilities and job creation for unemployed women and youth.
The areas they service:
- Zwartkoppies, Pienaarspoort, Donkerhoek, Lethabong
- Mooiplaats, Mooiplaats East, Zwavelpoort
- Shere, Rhenosterfontein, Tygervalley
- Boschkop, Tweedracht, Swaeltjie
- Silver Lakes, Wapandrand, Tierpoort
- Klipkop, Bashewa, Kleinzonderhout
The Paul Jungnickel Home has a number of incontinent residents. The Home does not receive any form of assistance from any structure in providing residents with diapers.
Washing Powder, Bleach, Fabric Softener, Toilet Paper, Refuse Bags, Dishwashing Soap, Brooms, Mops.
Any second hand clothing is always welcome. The Organisation provides the vast majority of those involved in all the projects with clothing. Once the needs of the projects are satisfied, remaining clothing is sold at our second hand shops in order to assist with fundraising for the Organisation.
The Organisation is always in need of the following food stock:
Maize Meal, Oats, Rice, Pasta
Margarine, Jam, Peanut butter, Marmite, Vinegar, Tomato Sauce
Potatoes, Carrots, Spinach, Pumpkin, Green Beans, Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Vegetables are processed, prepacked and frozen at the Organisation’s central storerooms.
Any meat – chicken, polonie, viennas, mince, wors, fish
Treats, nice to have’s – ice – cream, sweets, chips, cookies
Powder Milk, Eggs, Cheese
Gauze swaps 10cm x 10cm
Lomotil 2mg tablets
Zinc and castor ointment
Cold and Flu Medication
Duolin solution for inhalation
Hibertane in water
TB co/Frairs blasem
Toothpaste, roll-on, shampoo,
disposable razors, soap, toilet
paper, toothbrushes, body lotion, disposable pads.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT KWO’s MAJOR REQUIREMENT IS MEDICINE AND GENERAL MEDICAL SUPPLIES, URGENTLY NEEDED ITEMS LISTED BELOW***
- Surgical Gloves;
- Vitamin C Tablets;
- Any over the counter cough syrup;
- Crepe bandage;
- Acucheck active glucose test strips; and
- Bactroban ointment
OR you can donate funds directly into their DISCHEM ACCOUNT:
Account Name: Dis-Chem Hazeldean
Account Nr: 128 4126 528
Branch Code: 128 405
Write-up and results are bring uploaded!
Check out the pics HERE.
Rand Stadium Toyota (RST) make it a point to give back to the community for their continued support, and what better way to have done so than a joint effort with the Toyota Twin Cam Club of SA. Last year’s show was a serious contender, but this year it trumped all others and was arguably the largest Toyota-only show in the country.
The double-story dealership cleared its floors entirely for the great task of getting an entire Corolla timeline as well as some exotics on showcase.
RST went all out to provide excellent family entertainment from Urban Trax 4×4 rides and F1 simulators to some of the countries finest examples of Toyotas and the car that Jeremy Clarkson said to be the best he has ever driven. Yes, the legendary Lexus LFA….
Check out the complete write-up, pics and results of Joburg’s Finest Toyota HERE.