Write-up and results are bring uploaded!
Check out the pics HERE.
Rand Stadium Toyota (RST) make it a point to give back to the community for their continued support, and what better way to have done so than a joint effort with the Toyota Twin Cam Club of SA. Last year’s show was a serious contender, but this year it trumped all others and was arguably the largest Toyota-only show in the country.
The double-story dealership cleared its floors entirely for the great task of getting an entire Corolla timeline as well as some exotics on showcase.
RST went all out to provide excellent family entertainment from Urban Trax 4×4 rides and F1 simulators to some of the countries finest examples of Toyotas and the car that Jeremy Clarkson said to be the best he has ever driven. Yes, the legendary Lexus LFA….
Check out the complete write-up, pics and results of Joburg’s Finest Toyota HERE.
Saturday, 16 November 2013 – if you’re a Toyota fanatic, this is one day where you need to re-arrange everything else on your schedule and get down to Rand Stadium Toyota @ the Glen.
Yes, it’s that time again, where Toyota-heads from all parts of Gauteng converge for SA’s biggest Toyota-only event of the year.
Rand Stadium Toyota and the Toyota Twin Cam Club proudly bring you Joburg’s Finest Toyota 2013.
There’s an action-packed day catering for every type of enthusiast – a Show n Shine, dB Battle, and Rev-it! Exhaust dB comp are just some of the exciting events planned for the day. For your entertainment the Toyota Advanced Driving team will be giving you a ride through Urban Trax – the ultimate off-road simulator, and there are lots of little fun activities planned to keep everyone very busy for the day, even the kiddies! You can also expect lots of supplier stalls displaying the wares.
Bottom line, there are activities-a-plenty, enough to satisfy even the most demanding Toyo-nutter. You’ll also get to set your eyes on an ultra-hot and uber-rare Lexus LFA, (one of only four in SA) and your ears will get the opportunity to hear the best V10 symphony ever. And of course, the TTCC members will have some of their best Toyota’s in the TTCC showcase.
Don’t miss this event Toyota fans, it promises to be nothing short of spectacular, and RST and the TTCC never fail to disappoint.
SEE YOU THERE!
- Date: Sunday 08 September 2013
- Time: 08h00 – 17h00
- Venue: Speed-Freaks (Vanderbijl Park Airstrip)
- GPS Co-ordinates:
26 41′ 35″ S
27 46′ 34″ E
- Departs Caltex Maxi’s N1 Southbound @ 07h00. (Look for TTCC Committee member Die$el – Silver MR2)
- Departs Engen 1-Stop Grasmere @ 07h30. (Look for TTCC Committee member RajivX – Maroon RunX TRD )
- Arrives at venue at 08h00.
- Pre-Registration: R75
- Same-day Registration: R100
- Pre-Registration: R30
- Raceday-Entry: R50
* Entry Fee is payable at the Venue, on the day
Morning session – Heads up (Timed):
- In the morning, everyone will run Heads-up Session.
- Anyone can race anyone: Toyota vs Toyota, Toyota vs Honda, Toyota vs Mazda and so on. Even if you want to take on a Turbo car with your NA that’s also fine.
Afternoon session – Mr. Eliminator:
- If anyone plans to run Handicap/Eliminations Session later on in the afternoon, they must obviously run their dial-in times during the Heads-up session in the morning.
- If anyone does not want to run Handicap/Eliminations, then they simply don’t run in the afternoon.
- In the Eliminator we will split the Toyota powered cars from the other manufacturers and run our own eliminator to determine the winner of the day.
As per the MSA 2013 Drag Racing Handbook: (DRH)
“STREET DRAG RACING CLASS REGULATIONS FOR NON-CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
This category of Drag racing is mainly for championship Drag events(Club Events) taking place at various venues such as graded tracks that are sanctioned by MSA and consist of timing equipment capable of running both with and without Handicap Racing.
This category has been introduced to cater for basically stock vehicles where an engine swap has taken place. It is reserved for vehicles based on normal production models with a factory produced automotive-type engine. The body, drive train, chassis and other components may be altered or modified in accordance with class requirements. This category can run either heads up (as individual classes) or handicap (as a category), depending on the type of event. The minimum cut off in this category is 11.0 seconds and the maximum will be 16.5 seconds. Any vehicle/s running quicker than 11.00 seconds, regardless of whether it complies with these “Streetcar” class regulations will be classified as “Pro-Street” (at Championship events) and/or “Exhibition” vehicles (at non-Championship events).”
8A Any 8-cylinder normally aspirated.
8B Any 8-cylinder with one form of supercharging (i.e. turbo or nitrous or supercharger)
6 CYLINDERS FRONT AND REAR WHEEL DRIVE
6AR Any 6-cylinder [RWD] normally aspirated
6BR Any 6-cylinder [RWD] with one form of supercharging (i.e. turbo or nitrous or supercharger)
6CR Any 6-cylinder [RWD] with two forms of supercharging (i.e. turbo/nitrous, supercharger/nitrous).
4 CYLINDERS FRONT AND REAR WHEEL DRIVE
4AF Any 4-cylinder [FWD] normally aspirated
4BF Any 4-cylinder [FWD] with one form of supercharging (i.e. turbo or nitrous or supercharger)
4CF Any 4-cylinder [FWD] with two forms of supercharging (i.e. turbo/nitrous, supercharger/nitrous).
4AR Any 4-cylinder [RWD] normally aspirated
4BR Any 4-cylinder [RWD] with one form of supercharging (i.e. turbo or nitrous or supercharger)
4CR Any 4-cylinder [RWD] with two forms of supercharging (i.e. turbo/nitrous, supercharger/nitrous).
1. Long Sleeves, closed shoes and helmet is required for drivers.
2. Cars will be classed in the above classes but we won’t race in classes.
3. Trophies will be awarded to the fastest time for the day in the specific class. 1st and 2nd place will receive a trophy. The Eliminator winner will receive a trophy as well as the fastest Toyota powered car for the day.
(Trophies sponsored by Autostyle Motor Sport & TTCC)
4. Only pre-registrations are eligible for the R75 (Racing) and R30 (Spectating) discounted entry Fee’s. If you do not pre-register as per below, you will pay the normal prices upon entry.
5. Pre-register NOW! Please send a mail to: email@example.com with the following details:
- Name & Surname
- Contact number
- Vehicle(s) details: Make, Model, Registration.
Come and join us for an awesome club outing out at the Drag strip. Look forward to seeing you all there!
You have been asking for it and here it is…
We have managed to secure a dyno day at a new venue!
RGM doesn’t often host dyno days. Come let your car do the Torquing!
Please note that there is a limit on the number of space. Your spot will only be secured once you have made payment and have forwarded through proof of payment.
Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-book your spot. Include your name, contact details, vehicle registration and model, forum nick and proof of payment.
Account Name: Toyota Twin Cam Club
Bank: Nedbank (Bramley)
Branch Code: 196605
Account Number: 1966379986
Deposit Ref: *Your Name*
A. N/A Toyota Classes: Open to ALL Toyota / Lexus powered vehicles
- 16v class -> 4A-F(E) / 4A-GE / 7A-F(E) / 7A-G(E) / 3S-GE / 1ZZ-FE / 2ZR-FE / etc – or any other 16v Toyota engine not otherwise categorized in any other class.
- 20v class -> 4A-G(E) / 7A-G(E)
- X class -> 2ZZ-GE powered vehicles only
- 86 class -> Toyota 86 only
- 6 cyl -> all Toyota / Lexus 6-cyl powered vehicles
- 8 cyl -> all Toyota / Lexus 8-cyl powered vehicles
B. Boosted Toyota classes: Open to ALL Toyota / Lexus powered vehicles with any ONE of the following:
- 4 cyl
- 6 cyl
- 8 cyl
C. Shocker of the Day: The most impressive Toyota / Lexus powered vehicle
(power figures that were totally unexpected – not necessarily the most powerful)
D. Other Manufacturers: Open to ALL vehicles powered by non-Toyota / non-Lexus engines.
*Open to all vehicles
* Trophies awarded to first place in each Toyota / Lexus class
NB: ONLY STREET LEGAL CARS ALLOWED
Following up on a great Skid Pan Advanced Driving event, we’re happy to inform you all that we’re diving in to the Full Circuit Event this month!
- THIS EVENT IS ON A SATURDAY, NOT ON A SUNDAY AS PER NORMAL TTCC EVENTS.
- THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ALL CARS, NOT ONLY TOYOTA OR LEXUS CARS.
Venue: Zwartkops Raceway
Date: SATURDAY, 25 May, 2013
Registration opens: 08h00
Event commences: 09h00 – 17h00
Meet-up Time: Convoy departs 07h45
Meet-up Place: Caltex Maxi’s N1 Northbound
1. helmets – we will have some for you guys to use, but if you have your own, please bring them through.
2. long sleeved shirts – required to cover your arms up to your wrists
3. closed shoes – no flops / sandals etc.
4. driver are not permitted to consume alcohol before or during the event.
5. tyre pressures are recommended to over-inflated for circuit use. (usually around 2.5 – 2.8bar)
6. all vehicles will be strictly scrutinized to meet the basic requirements – no fluid leaks, secure seatbelts and steering wheels, no loose objects in the vehicle, etc.
Pre-register and avoid disappointment!
We will be assigning specific places in the Pits for entrants as they register, so each car/driver will have their set places in the Pits…so no-one will “borrow” your parking spot in the pits while you are on circuit.
Send us a mail on email@example.com with the following details:
- Name & surname
- Vehicle(s) registration number
- contact number (preferably mobile)
It’s time for our next Event – one of the most fun and informative events…the Advanced Driving course at the Zwartkops Skid Pan!
Should you wish to participate in this event, please can you state your interest via the below methods, so that we can efficiently accommodate all the cars and drivers. This will also speed up the registration process on the day.
Novice: 1st time on a Skid Pan Advanced Driving event / course
Intermediate: 1 – 3 Skid Pan Advanced Driving events / course previously completed
Advanced: 3 or more Skid Pan Advanced Driving events / course previously completed
Please drop us a mail on:
with these details:
- your name
- contact number
- class you wish to enter
The Toyota Twin Cam Club of South Africa presents:
Advanced Driving Techniques – Skid Control & Collision Avoidance
Date: Sunday, 28 April, 2013
Time: Registrations opens at 09h00, runs from 09h30 – 16h00
Venue: Zwartkops Raceway Skidpan
Driving in heavy rain can be nerve-wracking. It gets worse when you’re faced with a dangerous situation and where what really matters is a split-second decision, it’s easy to make the wrong one…
South African accident statistics say that over 1 000 road fatalities are reported every month, and that adds up to over 13 000 annually. Can you and your loved ones avoid being another statistic when it comes down to protecting yourself on wet roads in a dangerous situation? With a little help, protecting yourself could become a little easier.
The confidence of drivers and their ability to react quickly and correctly in these instances on our roads play a vital part in the outcome of the emergency situation drivers may be presented with. Confidence and ability behind the wheel are only gained by what you have learned to prepare you for these kinds of situations.
The TTCC is a firm believer in creating and promoting safe driving, driver awareness and preparation – for whatever driving-related scenario you may find yourself in. The Skidpan event, held annually at Zwartkops Raceway, assists drivers in mastering skid control and collision avoidance. On the Skidpan, the Toyota Advanced Driving (TAD) Instructors will take drivers through this comprehensive course and simulate emergency situations dealing with: – ABS braking – Cadence braking – Lane changes – Skid Control – Oversteer – Understeer
Over the years this event has been held, we have watched many a nervous driver be transformed into a confident, positive and in-control driver. We have received numerous letters of thanks from participants informing us of how the TTCC’s Advanced Driving & Collision Avoidance Event prepared them to avoid the emergency situations altogether or minimalise the effects of what could have been drastically worse or even fatal.
Apart from the priceless, life-saving advanced driving techniques participants will learn, the Skidpan is also great fun and yields no damage to vehicles in this controlled environment. No doubt there are quite a few people out there who’ve wanted to see how sideways they can get their car around a sharp corner in the wet. Those with rear-wheel-drive cars are probably at the top of that list. On the Skidpan, sideways is the new straight – and it’s all legal and completely safe. This is also the only event where you will find that should it rain, the event is only going to be more fun!
Advanced Driving Certification will be given to each competitor. This Certificate can be submitted to your short-term insurer, and at their discretion, they should decrease your premium slightly as your risk factor is now lower. Why pay thousands of rands for Advanced Driving Certification and know-how?
We are offering the very same benefits of this comprehensive course with Toyota Advanced Driving Instructors for:
As always, there will be a ToyConvoy to the event. Multiple-car convoys are always exciting to be a part of. Seeing and being a part of a convoy with so many Toyotas in a line is really a sight to behold! It also makes for great photography…
We encourage you to join the convoy:
Venue: Caltex Maxi’s N1 North – exit side parking area (NOT UNDER THE BRIDGE)
Committee member Steven Darge will be there to meet everyone and take the convoy through to Zwartkops.
The convoy departs for the Skidpan at 08h45.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Skid Pan – where slipping and sliding has never been this much fun!
Heinrich: (082) 878 1912 (Events Manager)
Steve: (082) 944 8332 (Marketing & Media Manager)
NOTE: This event is open to all vehicles, and not only to Toyota / Lexus cars