– Date: Sunday 08 September 2013
– Time: 08h00 – 17h00
– Venue: Speed-Freaks (Vanderbijl Park Airstrip)
– GPS Co-ordinates:
26 41′ 35″ S
27 46′ 34″ E
– Departs Caltex Maxi’s N1 Southbound @ 07h00. (Look for TTCC Committee member Die$el – Silver MR2)
– Departs Engen 1-Stop Grasmere @ 07h30. (Look for TTCC Committee member RajivX – Maroon RunX TRD )
– Arrives at venue at 08h00.
– Pre-Registration: R75
– Same-day Registration: R100
– Pre-Registration: R30
– Raceday-Entry: R50
* Entry Fee is payable at the Venue, on the day
Morning session – Heads up (Timed):
– In the morning, everyone will run Heads-up Session.
– Anyone can race anyone: Toyota vs Toyota, Toyota vs Honda, Toyota vs Mazda and so on. Even if you want to take on a Turbo car with your NA that’s also fine.
Afternoon session – Mr. Eliminator:
– If anyone plans to run Handicap/Eliminations Session later on in the afternoon, they must obviously run their dial-in times during the Heads-up session in the morning.
– If anyone does not want to run Handicap/Eliminations, then they simply don’t run in the afternoon.
– In the Eliminator we will split the Toyota powered cars from the other manufacturers and run our own eliminator to determine the winner of the day.
As per the MSA 2013 Drag Racing Handbook: (DRH)
“STREET DRAG RACING CLASS REGULATIONS FOR NON-CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
This category of Drag racing is mainly for championship Drag events(Club Events) taking place at various venues such as graded tracks that are sanctioned by MSA and consist of timing equipment capable of running both with and without Handicap Racing.
This category has been introduced to cater for basically stock vehicles where an engine swap has taken place. It is reserved for vehicles based on normal production models with a factory produced automotive-type engine. The body, drive train, chassis and other components may be altered or modified in accordance with class requirements. This category can run either heads up (as individual classes) or handicap (as a category), depending on the type of event. The minimum cut off in this category is 11.0 seconds and the maximum will be 16.5 seconds. Any vehicle/s running quicker than 11.00 seconds, regardless of whether it complies with these “Streetcar” class regulations will be classified as “Pro-Street” (at Championship events) and/or “Exhibition” vehicles (at non-Championship events).”
8A Any 8-cylinder normally aspirated.
8B Any 8-cylinder with one form of supercharging (i.e. turbo or nitrous or supercharger)
6 CYLINDERS FRONT AND REAR WHEEL DRIVE
6AR Any 6-cylinder [RWD] normally aspirated
6BR Any 6-cylinder [RWD] with one form of supercharging (i.e. turbo or nitrous or supercharger)
6CR Any 6-cylinder [RWD] with two forms of supercharging (i.e. turbo/nitrous, supercharger/nitrous).
4 CYLINDERS FRONT AND REAR WHEEL DRIVE
4AF Any 4-cylinder [FWD] normally aspirated
4BF Any 4-cylinder [FWD] with one form of supercharging (i.e. turbo or nitrous or supercharger)
4CF Any 4-cylinder [FWD] with two forms of supercharging (i.e. turbo/nitrous, supercharger/nitrous).
4AR Any 4-cylinder [RWD] normally aspirated
4BR Any 4-cylinder [RWD] with one form of supercharging (i.e. turbo or nitrous or supercharger)
4CR Any 4-cylinder [RWD] with two forms of supercharging (i.e. turbo/nitrous, supercharger/nitrous).
1. Long Sleeves, closed shoes and helmet is required for drivers.
2. Cars will be classed in the above classes but we won’t race in classes.
3. Trophies will be awarded to the fastest time for the day in the specific class. 1st and 2nd place will receive a trophy. The Eliminator winner will receive a trophy as well as the fastest Toyota powered car for the day.
(Trophies sponsored by Autostyle Motor Sport & TTCC)
4. Only pre-registrations are eligible for the R75 (Racing) and R30 (Spectating) discounted entry Fee’s. If you do not pre-register as per below, you will pay the normal prices upon entry.
5. Pre-register NOW! Please send a mail to: email@example.com with the following details:
– Name & Surname
– Contact number
– Vehicle(s) details: Make, Model, Registration.
Come and join us for an awesome club outing out at the Drag strip. Look forward to seeing you all there!