So we’re kicking off this year’s event calendar (and closing off last year’s calendar) with a Braai Run to our selected charity for 2013 – The Paul Jungnickel Home of Kungwini Welfare Organization (www.kwo.org.za). Upon arrival, we will hand over all that donations we have collected previously and whatever other donation items which are brought through on the day. See below for wish list items, and collection updates.
This event is a joint venture with MOCSA (Mazda Owners Club of South Africa)
When: Saturday, 25 January 2014
Where: Paul Jungnickel Home, Plot 214, Lynnwood Road, Pretoria East
Time: Arrive at 10h30
Convoy meet-up points and departure times:
Midrand -> Shell Ultra City N1 Northbound – departs here at 09h00
Olifantsfontein -> Engen 1-Stop, R21 Northbound – departs here at 09h00
Pretoria -> BP Atterbury Road – departs here at 10h00
Please bring through any more donation items you may have!
Please bring through whatever you feel you will need to bring for your braai – camp chairs, condiments, braai tools, beverages.
The TTCC usually prefers to support organizations which receive minimal or no form of government assistance. In the case of KWO, they do receive some government assistance, but with the mammoth task that they face, it is simply not enough.
KWO supports people with mental disabilities, and they support several projects, particularly in rural areas.
The projects they support:
– Paul Jungnickel Home for over 140 adult persons with disabilities.
– Vocational Therapy Unit (Protective Workshop) for people with disabilities
– Kungwini Early Learning Centre (Boschkop) for over 100 children between ages of 2 – 6 years.
– Kungwini Early Learning Centre (Zwavelpoort) for over 25 children between ages of 2 – 6 years.
– Kungwini Early Learning Centre (Lethabong) for over 70 children between ages of 2 – 6 years.
– Kungwini Community Development
– Children’s Home for 20 boys between ages of 12 – 18 years
– Drop-In Centre for children between 6 – 12 years
– Social Work Services
– Nickel Market: This is in support of people with disabilities and job creation for unemployed women and youth.
The areas they service:
– Zwartkoppies, Pienaarspoort, Donkerhoek, Lethabong
– Mooiplaats, Mooiplaats East, Zwavelpoort
– Shere, Rhenosterfontein, Tygervalley
– Boschkop, Tweedracht, Swaeltjie
– Silver Lakes, Wapandrand, Tierpoort
– Klipkop, Bashewa, Kleinzonderhout
The Paul Jungnickel Home has a number of incontinent residents. The Home does not receive any form of assistance from any structure in providing residents with diapers.
Washing Powder, Bleach, Fabric Softener, Toilet Paper, Refuse Bags, Dishwashing Soap, Brooms, Mops.
Any second hand clothing is always welcome. The Organisation provides the vast majority of those involved in all the projects with clothing. Once the needs of the projects are satisfied, remaining clothing is sold at our second hand shops in order to assist with fundraising for the Organisation.
The Organisation is always in need of the following food stock:
Maize Meal, Oats, Rice, Pasta
Margarine, Jam, Peanut butter, Marmite, Vinegar, Tomato Sauce
Potatoes, Carrots, Spinach, Pumpkin, Green Beans, Onions, Sweet Potatoes, Vegetables are processed, prepacked and frozen at the Organisation’s central storerooms.
Any meat – chicken, polonie, viennas, mince, wors, fish
Treats, nice to have’s – ice – cream, sweets, chips, cookies
Powder Milk, Eggs, Cheese
Gauze swaps 10cm x 10cm
Lomotil 2mg tablets
Zinc and castor ointment
Cold and Flu Medication
Duolin solution for inhalation
Hibertane in water
TB co/Frairs blasem
Toothpaste, roll-on, shampoo,
disposable razors, soap, toilet
paper, toothbrushes, body lotion, disposable pads.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT KWO’s MAJOR REQUIREMENT IS MEDICINE AND GENERAL MEDICAL SUPPLIES, URGENTLY NEEDED ITEMS LISTED BELOW***
– Surgical Gloves;
– Vitamin C Tablets;
– Any over the counter cough syrup;
– Crepe bandage;
– Acucheck active glucose test strips; and
– Bactroban ointment
OR you can donate funds directly into their DISCHEM ACCOUNT:
Account Name: Dis-Chem Hazeldean
Account Nr: 128 4126 528
Branch Code: 128 405